Dandelion root has been well known for its therapeutic uses for such a long time, thanks to its healthful properties as well as precious support for liver complaints.
In particular, the benefits of dandelion root for liver detoxification and cancer-combating are widely accepted by many cultures around the world.
- The Native American tribes of North America prepared infusions and decoctions of the root and herb to treat kidney disease, dyspepsia, and heartburn.
- In Traditional Arabian medicine, dandelion root is used to treat liver and spleen disorders.
- In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), dandelion root is combined with other herbs to treat hepatitis, boost immune response to upper respiratory infections, bronchitis or pneumonia, and as a topical compress for mastitis (breast inflammation).
THE MANY AMAZING USES OF DANDELION ROOT
There are rich medicinal properties in dandelion that stimulate the functions of the stomach, liver, promoting bile and causing a diuretic effect to eliminate toxins and metabolic wastes through the urine.
Dandelion root is used as a natural remedy to treat:
- Digestive disorders: Poor digestion, gastritis, acid reflux, dyspepsia
- Gallbladder: Prevent formation of gallstones, breaking down gallstones for elimination
- Lungs: Asthma, bronchitis, wheezing, infection, cancer
- Liver: Liver dysfunction, cirrhosis, hepatitis, liver disease, cancer
- Kidneys: Break down stones, infections, cleansing
- Skin problems: Acne, eczema, psoriasis
- Inflammation: Arthritis joint pain, gout, muscle spasms
- Blood: Improve and regulate blood pressure, stimulate blood circulation
- Eyesight: Night blindness, poor vision
The bitter constituents of dandelion root—sesquiterpene lactones—are responsible for its effectiveness as a natural remedy for digestive ailments such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and its other uses.
This article provides you some useful information about how to use dandelion root to detoxify your liver and fight against cancer.
LIVER DETOX WITH DANDELION ROOT
Detoxifying the liver is one of the most important benefits of dandelion root. The function is also proved by many studies.
In the book Encyclopedia of Herbal Medicine written by Andrew Chevallier, dandelion is said to support liver detoxification as well as promote increased bile production. As you might know, bile production is one of the main functions of the liver, which aims to filter and detoxify the blood.
In these days, we cannot deny the fact that modern living brings us a variety of conveniences varying from foods, drinks to supplements, medicines, and other health and beauty care products.
However, with convenience comes a certain level of toxins that can cause many health problems. As a result, our liver is affected as it works very hard to filter out toxins to keep the body toxin-free. When toxins become overwhelming, our liver suffers.
Fortunately, dandelion root helps enhance liver function by restoring hydration along with electrolyte balance. More importantly, it is effective in stimulating the process of toxin elimination.
HOW DANDELION ROOT WORKS TO DETOXIFY
Dandelion root has a bitter compound named taraxacerin that increases the level of bile flow released by the gallbladder. Thanks to this helpful property, dandelion root helps the liver detoxifies more efficiently.
A study carried out on mice showed that dandelion root extract could contribute to healing alcohol-related liver damage. Furthermore, the extract also helps to eliminate toxins from the blood.
In another study on mice, the dandelion leaf was found to be able to promote healthy lipid profiles, suppress fat accumulation in livers, and reduces insulin resistance. In addition, the natural remedy contains antioxidants that have a preventive effect against hepatoxicity.
Join 925,000 others and start your day with the latest news from health awareness to home remedies and weight loss.