The routine test is not the only thing you should rely on when it comes to preventing cancer. Carefully listen to what your body says to you and notice anything different, odd or simply unexplainable.
We have listed some of the signs that are often overlooked:
- Wheezing and shortness of breath
Patients diagnosed with lung cancer first notice their inability to catch breath.
- Chronic cough and chest pain
A few types of cancer, like leukemia and lung tumor, often cause symptoms that tend to mimic severe cough or bronchitis. Patients with lung cancer explain having a chest pain that reaches their shoulder or spread down their arm.
- Frequent fever and infections
These are common signs of leukemia, or cancer of blood cells that starts off in bone marrow. In this condition the marrow produces abnormal white blood cells, and affects the ability of human body to fight infections.
- Difficulty swallowing
This is often linked to esophageal or throat cancer. In some cases it is the first sign of lung cancer.
- Swollen lymph nodes or lumps on the neck, underarm, or the groin
Enlarged nodes may indicate certain changes in the lymphatic system. This is often a sign of cancer.
- Excessive bruising or constant bleeding
This is often an indication that there is something abnormal happening with the platelets and red blood cells. In some cases, this is a sign of leukemia. As time goes by, leukemia cells overcrowd red blood cells and platelets, which impairs the ability of human body to carry oxygen and clot.
- Weakness and fatigue
General fatigue and weakness indicate many types of cancer, and you will have to associate them with other symptoms. But, if you feel exhausted without any particular explanation, and if it does not change even when you sleep enough, make sure you talk to your doctor.
- Bloating and abdominal weight gain
Women with ovarian cancer say to have noticed unexplained abdominal bloating that had occurred suddenly and had continued on and off for a pretty long time.
- Feeling full and unable to eat
This is another indicator of ovarian cancer. Women remember having no appetite and being unable to eat, even when they have not eaten anything for long.
- Pelvic and abdominal pain
Pain and cramping in the abdominal area and pelvis sometimes go in a combination with bloating. These two symptoms are a common signal of ovarian cancer. Leukemia may also cause abdominal pain, that occurs as a result of an enlarged spleen.
- Rectal bleeding or bloody stool
This is a common sign of colorectal cancer. Blood in the stool is another reason to consult your doctor and do a colonoscopy.
- Unexplained weight loss
It is an early signal of colon and other kinds of digestive cancers. Weight loss is also a sign of cancer that has reached the liver, and thus affects appetite and the body’s ability to remove waste.
- Upset stomach and stomachache
Having cramps and upset stomach may be a sign of colorectal cancer.
- Red, sore, swollen breast
This indicates inflammatory breast cancer. Consult to your doctor about any change to your breast.
- Nipple changes
This is common change that women notice before being diagnosed with breast cancer. Nipples may flatten, invert and turn sideways.
- Unusually heavy and painful periods and bleeding between periods
This may indicate endometrial and uterine cancer. Schedule a transvaginal ultrasound if you notice anything unusual than your normal period.
- Swelling of facial features
Patients diagnosed with lung cancer usually notice puffiness, swelling, or even redness. Small cells of lung tumors block blood vessels in the chest and the blood cannot flow from the head and face.
- Sore and skin lump that does not heal, forms a crust and bleeds
Get more informed about the types of skin cancer. It could be melanoma, basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma. Check the skin for any unusual growths and marks.
- Changes in nails
This may indicate a few types of cancer. Brown or black dots under the nail may be a sign of skin cancer. Newly discovered enlargement of the finger ends and nails that go down over the tips may signal lung cancer. Pale and white nails sometimes indicate liver cancer.
- Back pain or pain in the lower right side
For many cancer patients this is the first signal of liver cancer. Breast cancer is often diagnosed after the patient complaints of a back pain, which is triggered by the pressure tumor applies backward into the chest, or in cases when cancer reaches the spine and ribs.
Regardless of whether you are a man or a woman, you should pay special attention to any unexplainable change in your body and energy. This will help you detect signs of a cancer in its early stage. The sooner you determine the problem, the sooner you can do something and take any necessary steps in order to start off the healing process.
You do not have to have cancer in order to live healthy; anti-cancer lifestyle is mandatory for everyone, because prevention is the best option when it comes to chronic diseases. There are cases where patients have been diagnosed with cancer even 10 years after their contact with cancer-causing substances, such as tobacco, chemicals, radiation, cell phones, poor nutrition.
We bet that in 10 years you will find enough time to change this.
Cancer is a life-threatening disease that involves uncontrolled growth and spreading of abnormal cells. The “cure” for this disease includes controlling abnormal growth and preventing the spread.
Human body has the power to heal, and this ability depends on your lifestyle choices. These involve good diet, physical activity, good sleep and sun exposure. You should also find a way to canalize your emotional stress, in order to help your body to maintain a proper balance.
The only problem with cancer does not occur only when patients ignore health principles. Invasive and risky conventional treatments like surgery, chemotherapy and radiation make the situation even worse.
This may come as a surprise to you, but a recent study has found that certain cancers, including invasive kinds, can go away without such treatments, and this happens more often that you can imagine.
Today, many experts believe that patients diagnosed with cancer are more likely to die from chemo than the disease itself.
According to Dr Tullio Simoncini, an Italian oncologist, the mortality rate of cancer is 90%, and such alarming number says much about the “effectiveness” of such treatments, even though they are still believed to be the base of cancer treatment.
Cancer rates keep rising
As the American Cancer Society reported, there had been certain estimations according to which there would be one and a half million of new cancer patients in the US by 2009, not to mention the million of cases of patients with basal and squamous cell skin cancers.
About 1,500 people are expected to die from cancer each day, which would be about one in four death cases in the US.
By 2030, about 26 million people will be diagnosed with cancer every year, and 17 millions will die from it.
But, many of these cancers can be prevented.
The American Cancer Society believed that by 2009, about a third of more than 562,000 expected deaths in the US would be linked to overweight, obesity, physical inactivity and malnutrition. 169,000 deaths will be caused by smoking.
Vitamin D deficiency, or insufficient sun exposure is another overlooked cause of cancer death, and this one could be easily changed.
It is a fact that half of the cancer cases may disappear if people were to raise their vitamin D levels.
What should you do if you suspect to have cancer?
The best advice is to seek for the help of a knowledgeable natural health care practitioner. From this point, the choice is more like a personal decision, but having your mind open is another good advice.
People decide to do chemo because they are taught to believe that it is the only solution. As we have already written about this, there are many other much safer options, including baking soda, and we bet that you already have some in your home.
Sodium bicarbonate can be considered as a natural chemo, but it kills cancer cells only, without bringing the side effects and costs of chemo treatment. As Dr Mark Sircus says, the only problem with this treatment is its price. It is super cheap. Why is this so important? Well, there is no profit in it, so no one wants to promote it.
Dr Simoncini has a great experience, and according to him, 99 percent of both breast and bladder cancers can be cured within six days, without any surgery, chemo, and radiation. The treatment only requires a local infiltration device, like a catheter, to carry sodium bicarbonate straight to the affected area in the breast or bladder.
In his video you can actually make a difference by comparing the condition before and after the treatment.
Dr Hamer has another similar approach. His German New Medicine (GNM) outlines that every disease, especially cancer, develops as a result of an unexpected shock experience. He believes that the cure of every disease lies in resolving any underlying emotional trauma.
Dr Hamer spent some time in prison, because he refused to disavow his medical findings and kept treating patients with such “unortodox” technique. He lives in exile and seeks asylum from persecution.
Keep your vitamin D level at an optimal range
Cancer patients should raise their vitamin D levels. Check the Internet for any lectures regarding this issue.
Calcitriol is the most powerful steroid hormone in the human body. When the body has sufficient amount of vitamin D, this hormone is produced in high amounts. As expected, most patients diagnosed with cancer have poor levels of vitamin D.
Calcitrol, or the activated form of vitamin D, offers a strong protection against cancer. It induces cell differentiation and controls cells proliferation.
People with insufficient vitamin D levels cannot make activated vitamin D in the amount that is necessary for the control over cell proliferation, which is essential when it comes to protecting against cancer.
This approach has almost no side effect, and the treatment is practically free. If you suspect to having cancer, raise your vitamin D level until you reach their therapeutic change.
12 tips on how to reduce your risk of cancer
As we already said, having an anti-cancer lifestyle habits helps the body to maintain a healthy balance and prevents the development of cancer. We have listed some of the best tips when it comes to living a healthy life:
- Raise your vitamin D level. Get enough sunlight and you can also get enough supplementation, whenever being exposed to healthy sunlight is impossible. If you have cancer and decide to take oral vitamin D, monitor your vitamin D levels regularly.
- Reduce the intake of processed food, sugar and grain carbohydrate. The same applies to whole unprocessed organic grains, because they break down rapidly and increase insulin and leptin levels, and that is something you do not need if you want to prevent or resolve cancer.
- Maintain your fasting insulin and leptin levels under control. You can easily achieve that by doing a simple and inexpensive blood test.
- Take high-quality animal-based omega-3 fat and normalize the ratio of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. You can take krill oil, and make sure you reduce the intake of processed vegetable oil.
- Exercise regularly. Physical activity decreases insulin levels, and controlling insulin is one of the best ways to reduce the risk of developing cancer.
- Sleep well.
- Eat as your nutritional type suggests. People usually under appreciate the anti-cancer potential of such principles. In certain clinics this is one of the most powerful anti-cancer therapies.
- Avoid the contact with environmental toxins like pesticides, household chemical cleaners, synthetic air fresheners and air pollution.
- Avoid staying close to cell phones, cell phone towers, base stations and wifi stations, as each of these has the word “radiation” in it.
- Do not fry or charbroil your food. Boiling, poaching or steaming are far better options.
- Do something about your emotions. Find a suitable tool to reprogram the neurological short-circuiting that has the ability to activate cancer genes. The CDC says that 85 percent of the diseases develop as a result of emotions. This factor is more important than any other physical factor on the list, so make sure you address your emotions. You can try the Meridian Tapping Technique.
- Make sure that at least one third of your food is raw. Once you get used to it, try to eat at least 80 percent of your food raw.
Such cancer-preventing techniques are not that largely discussed, because they have not gained the “approval” of conservative researchers. But, do you know that 85 percent of the current therapies supported by conventional medicine are not formally proven either?
This is something you should think about.
Along with a small effort, these simple risk reduction strategies can help you reduce your risk of developing cancer. If you have cancer, they will help you recover faster. Give yourself a chance, you cannot go wrong, nor worsen your condition. You can only gain, your life at first place.